The Limestone Coast Danger and Warnings
Personal Security in Limestone Coast, South Australia
The Limestone Coast region in South Australia is generally a safe place with a low crime rate. However, like any other place, it is important to take some personal security measures to ensure your safety while visiting or residing in the region.
Some of the potential dangers in the Limestone Coast region include:
- Extreme weather conditions including heatwaves, storms and floods
- Road accidents
- Isolated areas without mobile phone coverage
Some of the warnings for visitors to the Limestone Coast region include:
- Ensure you check the latest weather warnings and fire danger ratings from the Bureau of Meteorology and the Country Fire Service
- Be mindful of wildlife such as kangaroos and emus, which can pose a danger when crossing the road
- Be aware of your surroundings, especially when travelling alone, and avoid walking alone at night in isolated areas
In case of an emergency, the following services are available:
- Police, Fire and Ambulance - Dial 000
- State Emergency Service - Dial 132 500
- For non-urgent police assistance, you can dial 131 444 or use the online reporting system
For further information on personal security and safety in South Australia, you can visit the South Australia Police website.